The Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Senior Research Scientist to work with the Applied Research program on numerous research projects focused on cognitive neuroscience and human performance. This position will assist the director of Human Performance on research and development projects.
Works independently and/or with a research team to carry out applied research projects focused on understanding and improving human performance. Duties include the design and implementation of research projects as well as data analysis and reporting of the projects. Utilize tools such as electrophysiological, neuromodulation, cognitive batteries, and subjective questionnaires to measures, assess, and improve human effectiveness.
* PhD in a science-related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Use of electrophysiological devices (EEG, EMG, EDA, ECG, Eye tracking)
* Demonstrated capability to conduct applied human research projects (prior experience working with military populations is desired)
* Publishing and Presenting peer reviewed scientific reports
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations
* Ability to create, annotate and maintain detailed records
* Demonstrated ability to operate a computer utilizing various software packages, including creating spreadsheets, charts, graphs, etc.
* Working knowledge of scientific research methods and Institutional Review Board policies and procedures.
* Ability to effectively prepare and present information in one-on-one settings in addition to general scientific audiences, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
* Ability to conduct data analytics and preparation of reports and presentations
* Supervise multidisciplinary research projects
Electronic submission of application can be made at: