Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply Now link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title||Athletics Technical Operations Intern|
|Work Unit||Athletics Admin/Support|
|Work Location||Athletic Facilities|
|Vacancy Open To||All Candidates|
|Position Designation||Non-Student Temporary|
|Employment Type||Temporary - Full-time|
|Hours per week||40|
|Work Schedule|| |
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, some nights and weekends as necessary
|Minimum Experience/Education|| |
Experience working with technology and audiovisual equipment.
|Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:|| |
Bachelor’s Degree and experience working in an athletic or sports environment is preferred. Please note that this is an entry level position and skills will be progressively taught throughout the course of the internship.
|Duties and Responsibilities|| |
* Assist with providing support for athletic technologies during sporting events. These technologies include computers, sound systems, scoreboards, and multimedia systems.
* Assist with the setup and teardown of technology and related items during athletic events
* Assist the department with school produced games on ESPN+/3 platform. Operate equipment such as video switchers, graphics generators, and replay systems.
* Help provide basic computer support to department staff members during normal business hours. This includes tasks such as setting up computers and printers and installing software
* Assist the technical and facilities operations department during projects.
|Necessary Licenses or Certifications|
|Proposed Hire Date||08/12/2019|
|Expected Length of Assignment||10 months|
|Posting Open Date||06/21/2019|
|Posting Close Date||07/26/2019|
|Special Notes to Applicants|| |
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
Do not write 'see resume' on your application when completing the job duties section.
Full-time temporary positions do not offer leave accrual (paid time off), or retirement entitlement (state service) benefits.
*However, full-time temporary employees are eligible to participate in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
Please use these links for more information:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
(Open Ended Question)