If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments - when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments - when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn't miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.Department OverviewDepartment Description
Motorola Solutions creates telecom and radio communications applications for mission critical communications systems. The Software Engineer will work on a development team. The Software Engineer will design and develop code and adhere to quality engineering standards and improvements as defined by the business to meet specific product quality goals.Job Description
This position requires a highly skilled and self-motivated individual who maintains high quality in his/her work while still meeting committed deadlines. S/he must be versatile with interests in software process, design, coding and testing. This individual will need to excel in a team environment and possess well-developed written and oral communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses customer driven defects, analyzes logs and code to determine root cause, and repairs code.
- Defines, develops, and verifies product designs and related intellectual property, conferring with other engineering personnel and resolving problems as required.
- Develops business logic and audio/data infrastructure for dispatch console system components.
- Researches and analyzes available specifications, tools and systems related to product feature designs and tests.
- Performs feasibility, cost and reliability analyses to influence decisions related to design tradeoffs and specifications.
- Designs and develops complex GUIs.
- Collaborates with members of interdisciplinary teams to implement and release high quality and reliable software.
- Follows agile development process.
- Manages project and product data as required for long-range customer and product support.
- Compiles and relays information for customer training and support materials.
- May debug and develop solutions for product improvement.
- Any other duties assigned which are in the best interests of the company.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment is critical.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well both in groups and independently.
- Ability to scope effort and coordinate work to meet internal and external timelines.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong ownership, personal accountability and interpersonal skills a must.
- A can-do attitude with desire to learn, grow and contribute to the security posture of products and services.
- Growth mindset constantly looking to better oneself.
- Needs to thrive in an environment that performs continuous integration and testing.
- Software virtualization practices and understanding of cloud based solutions
- Hands-on experience with Python, HTML5, RESTful web services, OpenAPI/Swagger, JSON, and XML.
- Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis
- Experience writing SQL queries and connecting to Database backends.
- Application or embedded programming experience
- Knowledge of CI/CD environment using Jenkins, Concourse, Bitbucket or simiar toolsets.
- Security concepts such as authentication, access control, authorization and least privilege
- Team software development using Agile practices
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN networks including secure network protocols (SSL, RTPS, HTTPS, etc.)
- Continuous Integration / Deployment / Delivery concepts, practices, and tools
- Secure Code Development
- Experience with Git source control.
- Experience or exposure to software development methodologies (SDLC) or development environments.
- Voice over IP (RTP, SIP, Codecs) applications development.
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.Travel RequirementsNoneRelocation ProvidedNonePosition TypeInternReferral Payment PlanNo
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, VisionbenefitseffectiveDay 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- GenerousPaidTime Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- PaidParental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.