Payroll & Timekeeping Clerk
Responsible for Compiling and posting employee payroll data and manages hours clocked. Creates and distributes paychecks in accordance with hours worked and corrects paycheck errors.
- Compute earnings of workers by referring to their annual salary or timesheet to discover hours worked.
- Initiate payroll during appropriate time and print off checks.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Have checks signed off and approved by manager.
- Distribute checks to employees.
- Handle complaints or questions regarding discrepancies.
- Factor in vacation or sick pay when computing earnings.
- Check exempt and non-exempt statuses of employees.
- Close out paycheck cycle after termination.
- Perform calculations from worksheets and work tickets.
- Check electronic data for errors.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Calculate and include deductions, such as income tax withholding, Social Security payments, insurance, and union dues.
- Garnish wages due to child support or IRS intervention.
- Handle 401(k) contributions.
- Manage input of bonuses and commission.
- Distribute timecards.
- Ensure timecards have proper signatures upon submission.
- Utilize payroll software.
- Manage compensation packages.
- Balance payroll runs.