Are you searching for engaging work in a technical community that prioritizes innovation and personal development?
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a mission-driven, intellectual environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
New college graduates are important members of the APL community. We are seeking the next generation of big thinkers to help us tackle the complex research, engineering, and analytical problems that present critical challenges to our nation. We value your unusual perspectives, creative thinking and disruptive ideas as essential to discovering defining innovations.At APL, you will work in dynamic teams charged with developing and delivering solutions that support national priorities. As an incoming new graduate with a real passion for mechanical or aerospace engineering you may find yourself...
- providing system engineering and technical support to ongoing programs involving military aviation systems, spacecraft, and unmanned aerial vehicles including the design of future systems and propulsion R&D to advance aeronautics technology overall.
- developing working models of elements like control systems, microprocessor and computer systems, antennas, circuits, advanced radars, and flight-model satellites in nearly every frequency region.
- providing signal processing and image analysis expertise including system sensor design and processing of recorded sensor signals.
- performing systems engineering and analysis work including developing and conducting experiments with prototype components, subsystems, and total systems using mathematical simulation for system-level evaluation and parametric definition.
- executing physics based modeling and simulation work around complex thermal-fluidic and mechanical systems. Other tasks could include elements like crafting high-fidelity, object-oriented system simulations and prototype decision support systems.Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
You may be right for APL if you...
- Have a BS, MS, or PhD in aerospace, mechanical engineering, electrical or computer engineering or material science or related field.
- Have maintained a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA. Note: When prompted to upload attachments, please include a copy of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a higher level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship. The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab (APL) is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.