One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn't your average doctor's office. We're on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
On January 31, 2020 we marked a with our public listing on Nasdaq, but our work is far from over. As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we're building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
We are looking for a Director, Talent & Organizational Development to develop and implement strategies, approaches and capabilities around talent assessment, succession planning, learning & development, and organizational effectiveness. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, you will provide thought, strategy & operational leadership for the areas of onboarding, performance management, learning, development, succession, culture, and organizational effectiveness.
As a member of a highly collaborative and supportive team, you will be a strategic thinker who also possesses operational rigor and detail orientation; you will collaborate effectively with a broad range of peers and senior stakeholders and be able to lead through influence. You will work closely with HR Business Partners and cross-functional stakeholders such as senior leaders to evaluate existing processes and lead projects to optimize our talent management platforms while continuing to deliver high quality learning experiences that connect and equip teams and team members to perform, innovate, and grow.
What You'll Do
- Develop a Talent and Organizational Development strategy that includes a comprehensive approach for assessing and developing individuals and teams.
- Cultivate a high-performing learning and development function that is responsible for creating and delivering onboarding, career & professional development, and leadership development programs.
- Ensure learning & development solutions address the company's most critical needs, equipping One Medical to perform, innovate, and grow while driving team member engagement.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, create and implement scalable talent management practices, including sustainable talent assessment, performance management, and succession management practices, to ensure the right people are in the right roles at the right time.
- Partner with HR Operations to evaluate and select a talent management toolset that aligns the team member journey (e.g., performance management, development planning, succession planning, workforce planning, and talent marketplace).
- Partner with leaders and HRBPs to assess organizational capabilities, processes, structures, and talent and to develop & deploy OD strategies within and across workgroups.
- Provide tools and resources for organizational effectiveness and change management.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree (MBA or Master of Science in Human Resources Development, Organizational Psychology/Development or similar preferred)
- 10+ years of leadership experience in talent management, organizational development, workforce planning, or learning & development
- Excellent people and team leadership skills to cultivate a high performing team
- Well-rounded knowledge of all areas of talent, including learning and development, succession planning; organizational development; workforce planning; assessments; coaching; and talent strategy
- Strong business acumen with the ability to relate HR and talent needs to those of the wider enterprise
- Excellent operational skills to include planning, logistics, program management and scheduling with a history of building and maintaining positive relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.