For the safety of our employees and communities in response to COVID-19, Acadia has implemented a temporary work from home policy. As a part of this shift, we have migrated all interviews to virtual interviewing via phone and video.
For more than 25 years we have been working at the forefront of healthcare to bring vital solutions to people who need them most. Acadia developed and commercialized the first and only approved therapy for hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson's disease psychosis. Our late-stage development efforts are focused on dementia-related psychosis, negative symptoms of schizophrenia and Rett syndrome, and in early-stage clinical research we are exploring novel approaches to pain management, and cognition and neuropsychiatric symptoms in central nervous system disorders.
The Sr. Director, Talent Development and Engagement is responsible for People and Performance efforts, specific to the development and execution of initiatives focused on employee engagement, recognition, development, and special P&P projects. This role is also responsible for supporting and enhancing P&P communications efforts to the employee population.
Growth and Development
- Oversee the design, development, delivery, and management of high impact Professional Development, Management Development, Career Development, and Leadership Development programs and offerings.
- Creates a variety of development solutions including instructor-led courses and e-learning modules, incorporating a blended approach to delivery
- Creatively develop and implement effective methods to enhance performance and provide growth opportunities to all Acadians
- Facilitates innovative and dynamic training sessions to individuals and groups of varying seniority
- Assesses overall corporate and leadership learning needs to drive training initiatives
- Defines and develops a scalable, dynamic strategy for learning and development which includes the Acadia University (Learning Management System)
- Create and execute development programs for high potential employees, including emerging leaders
- Leads Viewpoint Employee Engagement efforts, including administration of all lifecycle surveys (onboarding, exit and annual employee experience)
- Analyzes results from employee surveys and develops communications to share results within People & Performance (P&P), executives, and other stakeholders, as necessary
- Collaborates with the business and P&P leadership to craft effective response programs to employee feedback
- Develops P&P communications and promotional strategies to raise awareness and educate Acadians on P&P initiatives (including bi-monthly newsletter)
- Partners with the corporate communications team to further embed Acadia's culture through ongoing employee communications
Rewards and Recognition
- Provides the strategy and execution of Acadia's employee recognition programs coordinated by P&P, including peer-to-peer recognition (Trailblazers) and rewards program (Peak Performer)
- Communicates and maintains Peak Performance budget with EMC
- Establishes the strategy and executes employee engagement events, across all Acadia locations
- Prepares budgets and negotiates contracts with vendors
- Leads and plans the execution of all employee events, including the coordination with vendors, stakeholders, speakers, participants, etc.
- Tracks event performance and execution and makes recommendations for improvements
- Support Acadia's performance appraisal, talent review, succession planning, individual development plan processes by developing programs that address competency gaps
Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Design, Business Administration or a related field, MBA preferred. A minimum of 12 years corporate experience (biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred); an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered. Must possess a minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience as a leader of a talent development team and corporate initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in adult learning principals, delivery methodology and instructional design of corporate training programs
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time critical deadlines required
- Strong business acumen, capable of translating business goals to learning and development strategies and initiatives
- Prior experience with curriculum design, development delivery, facilitation, and maintenance of company-wide programs
- Demonstrated experience within LMS systems; specifically, site administration, building of content and developing curriculum
- Knowledge of high performing team building, coaching and leadership
- Strong leadership and teaching/facilitation ability
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proven track record in creating effective training materials
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organization, initiative, and self-motivation
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to comply with strict policy, work in a highly regulated environment and maintain confidential information and data
- Negotiating capabilities and influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Proficiency at creating and communicating a clear vision among team members
- Ability to align resources and activities to achieve functional area and/or organizational goals
- Ability to travel up to 25% overnight or as needed
- Prefer experience or certification with programs like DISC, Emotional Intelligence, Coaching, and Situational Leadership
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base and bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price lock-in
- 15 vacation days
- 14 paid holidays, including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to considerations of race, including related to hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition, country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status, family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or local law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Acadia's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting
ACADIA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity